2. Give her a pair of nude or tan sandals and they will become her summer travelling best friend. I have lived sandals like these from Ancient Greek Sandals for all of my summer travel over the past two years. They are perfect for day time exploring and after a quick change of clothes, they will carry her straight into cocktails and dinner at night. Choose a pair made from leather, with a back strap and good grip for greater comfort.
3. I never travel without a lightweight, cotton scarf. This Country Road Scarf can be used as a blanket or pillow while in transit, to cover her shoulders when entering a religious site or even as a little extra padding for ceramics tucked in her suitcase on their way home from a trip.
4. A Papier d’Amour Leather Journal is a beautiful place to track her day-to-day or pack in her handbag as a travel companion. It features helpful travel tips, a calendar and can be personalised with her initials embossed on the front cover.
5. I have two favourite Jurlique products that she will love. The Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist is the perfect pick me up for the plane and the Moisturising Hand Sanitiser is something I’ve been carrying all year. I love that it doesn’t contain any nasties, smells great, doesn’t dry out your hands and still does its job.
5. The Memo Bottle is a super slimline water bottle that will fit into her handbag, gym bag or carry on and it’s super stylish too.
6. I first saw a Beauty Ring Light when I was travelling with a Chinese internet star. She simply popped it on and off the top of her phone as she needed it. The soft light made her skin look flawless in everything from Insta-selfies to live video and was ideal for low-light photos. Perfect for the travelling fashionista in your life.
7. A MOR Hanging Fold Out Toiletry Bag is one of those accessories she won’t know she’s been missing until she owns one. I’ve had two different MOR toiletry bags over a number of years. These bags are tough while still being chic.
8. Why not fill it with some beautiful biodynamic skincare products too. The Dr Hauschka kits are an ideal introduction to their incredible products. They are also the perfect size to squeeze into that toiletry bag or take on the plane. There is a different kit depending on her skin type but you can’t go wrong with the Freshness and Energy pack scented with uplifting lemon and lemongrass.
9. Buy her a beautiful art print to inspire her next travel adventure. Blacklist has a gorgeous range of typographical prints to choose from.
10. A cute cosmetics bag is a great gift to help organise her travel handbag. These Kate Spade bags come in gorgeous prints, they are made from a glazed crosshatched fabric making them wipeable and durable and the flat bottom means they will sit easily on a bench.
11. Add a MAC Mini Brush Set to her cosmetics bag and save her a little space taken up by full sized brushes.
12. A hat is the ultimate travel accessory for any woman. Felt hats are amazing for winter trips as you can simply lay them on the bottom of a suitcase (scarf, socks or smalls inside) and they can easily be reshaped on arrival at your destination. This Sportsgirl Mini Brim Floppy Hat is inexpensive and its neutral colour will go with any outfit. I’ve picked up a number of felt hats from Zara and Top Shop too.
13. The Pottery Barn Jewellery Portfolio will keep her jewellery protected and organised while on holiday and can be packed in her carry on easily.
14. A cross body bag is a woman’s travel essential. Choose a style with enough room to fit a camera, phone, money and keys and sits comfortably across the body for security. A top zip is a must and an additional top flap is a bonus for security.
15. A monogrammed pyjama set from Jasmine and Will is a really cute gift for a woman of any age. She can ditch the oversized airline pjs and wear her own instead.
16. I have a mad crush on Ona Bags. They have really been designed with the modern travelling woman in mind. The Chelsea bowling bag looks like a simple black leather handbag from the outside, but inside it is padded to keep your camera, lenses and tablet safe while you travel.
17. A beach or tote bag comes in really handy while travelling. They can be flat packed really easily at the bottom of a suitcase and often double as a market shopping bag or as an additional bag for those times when your suitcase just won’t fit all of that vacation shopping.
18. Once she gets a carry on case she probably won’t go back. I am a huge fan of American Tourister and we have really put their cases to the test; travelling with them for years now. The Bon Air case is strong, lightweight and comes in cute, bold colours.
19. The Patagonia Down Sweater Hoodie is one of my go-to pieces of travel clothing. Any woman, particularly those who love being active outdoors will love you for giving them this jacket. I have been wearing it on the road for the last year and I won’t go to a cool climate destination without it. It acts as a doona on the plane, a warm layer while hiking or even paired down with pants and boots for a night out. It is so versatile and durable. I have washed it a number of times and it simply bounces back.
20. Gift her a Mayde Beach towel. She can use it from the plane or the airport as a wrap or as a sarong or towel on the beach.
Shopping for the man in your life? Browse our gift guide here.
This article includes affiliate links through which we may receive a small commission to help support the growth and development of The Fit Traveller.
Skye is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Fit Traveller.
She is a journalist, writer, photographer, intrepid traveller and a former personal trainer with a passion for helping others reach optimal health.
As a TV journalist and producer, Skye has worked for household names such as 60 Minutes, Sunrise, TODAY and Nine News. She has also written for Women’s Health, Fodor’s Travel and Yahoo7 Travel, among many others.
Equally comfortable in a 5-star resort or hiking a far-off mountain, Skye loves the unexpected and enriching life experiences that each trip brings and can often be found in a backstreet chatting to locals with her camera in hand.
Skye is based in Sydney, working to master the balance between motherhood and her appetite for adventure.
Read more about Skye’s story here.