20 0f the Best Gift Ideas for Men who Travel
1. Winter or summer, sunglasses are a travel essential. Persol Sunglasses are a timeless classic with a vintage European feel. The best feature of this pair is the way they fold down to fit easily protected in the palm of your hand. Unlike a lot of those sunglasses we often buy at the markets around the world, these also have a 100% UV coating to keep your man’s eyes protected on the mountains or the beach.
2. The Tactica Talon is an Australian made marvel. The multi-use tool is made of advanced aerospace and military materials and features more than 17 individual tools, from a bottle opener to a screwdriver. Best of all it’s carry-on compliant.
3. If your other half is coffee crazy, a mobile Minipresso might be the perfect present. You simply insert a coffee capsule into the outlet head, add boiling water into the water tank, give it a few pumps to pressurize et voila, you have a fresh espresso on the go.
4. The This is Ground Tech Dopp Kit almost make organising your tech accessories look sexy. The design was inspired by the Bento Box and in the same way, every little thing has its own place. This is Ground also does some other beautiful leather accessories like camera straps and cute cord tacos.
5. A GoPro HERO5 is a gift I would buy for any man (or woman) I know; from my brothers to my nephews, my husband or even my father, it is such a versatile piece of equipment and isn’t just for the professional photographer or traveller. Quite the contrary; a GoPro is a great way to document travel, family gatherings or important live milestones and it is super simple to use.
6. A Jot It Down Travel Journal is a great gift for any traveller. Whether it is used to write down personal travel experiences, notes on destinations or it’s somewhere to keep track of spending – a beautifully bound journal is a wonderful travel companion.
7. The Tumi Hanging Travel Kit is both pretty and practical. It can hang or sit on any surface, the interior has a number of mesh pockets and it is lined with anti-bacterial fabric, so it will be a travel staple for years to come.
8. Picking up a pack of travel toiletries is a clever idea for the next time he goes on a trip. The Sanctum Men’s Essentials Pack is fuss-free, containing just a shower wash, shave gel and face moisturiser. The products are inexpensive, organic, vegan and cruelty-free and they smell subtle and masculine.
9. A Patagonia vest has become a go-to for The Hubby when we travel. It is such a versatile piece of travel clothing. From the plane to walking around a big city or a mountain village, it looks smart over a t-shirt or thermals and it is a great trans-seasonal piece. It also rolls up tightly, taking up minimal room in a suitcase or day pack and you can simply throw it in the washing machine.
10. A Deus Trucker Cap comes in really handy while travelling and it is a great, inexpensive gift idea for the man (or woman) in your life. I personally share a number of these caps with The Hubby and we wear them a lot for running, hiking and travelling.
11. Board shorts are a fun present, particularly if you are heading away on a summer holiday. While women often have their eyes on a new bikini for months, men tend to pull out their old board shorts at the last minute. These Country Road Swim Shorts are a clever option for travel as their classic style means they can be worn out sightseeing before hitting the beach or pool later.
12. This tan leather Saba Ross Weekender is a classic for short weekends away or to take as a carry-on for those men who don’t like a wheelie case.
13. A Pelican Marine Waterproof Case for iPhone is the ideal gift for the active man. If he is active, works a very physical job or loves to get into the outdoors while travelling, this could become a very valuable asset.
14. If a partner, friend, brother or son is going on a long trip why not create a memento for you both with a TOI & MOI Personalised Open Disc Bracelet Duo by Merci Maman? You keep one and he wheres one on his next adventure.
15. The ShaveTech USB Electric Razor could be the ultimate gift for the corporate traveller. The razor simply plugs in to any standard USB port to charge. It’s is a super lightweight, sleek, stylish design.
16. There is nothing better than listening to podcasts or audiobooks while travelling. So for the man in your life who spends a lot of time on planes, trains or in automobiles, a voucher for Audible is a nice way to get him hooked.
17. Toms doesn’t only have a wonderful business philosophy, they also make impressive travel basics like their slip-on shoes for men. They will keep his feet comfortable while exploring a new city and stylish enough to head straight on to dinner. Not only that, your gift to him will also help someone in need.
18. So he’s a bit of a hipster or he’s just on the beard bandwagon? Well, you have to keep that baby in good condition. Cue Black Chicken Beard Oil; your bearded man’s best friend. Super easy to carry while travelling and not just for those with full beards; it can be used on simple stubble or to moisturise the skin. Black Chicken also has a Mansome Pack for those looking for something a little more substantial to send his way.
19. We’ve been carrying around a Patagonia Backpack for many, many months and it is amazing. We have used it as a carry-on, taken it hiking and biking and packed it for two as a weekender. It’s versatile, extremely durable and stylish.
20. Another must pack accessory for the adventure traveller is a dry pack. Whether you are hitting Asia in the rainy season or you are going kayaking or camping, a dry pack can literally save you thousands of dollars by keeping all of your valuables and tech toys dry. Gift your action man the Earth Pak.
Shopping for a woman who loves to travel? Here is our guide.
Skye is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Fit Traveller. She is a journalist, writer, photographer, intrepid traveller and a former personal trainer with a passion for helping others reach optimal health. As a TV journalist and producer, Skye has worked for household names such as 60 Minutes, Sunrise, TODAY and Nine News. She has also written for Women’s Health, Fodor’s Travel and Yahoo7 Travel, among many others.
Skye created The Fit Traveller as a beautiful online space and community where people feel inspired to escape the desk to move and explore more.
Equally comfortable in a 5-star resort or hiking a far-off mountain, Skye loves the unexpected and enriching life experiences that each trip brings and can often be found in a backstreet chatting to locals with her camera in hand.
Skye is based in Sydney, working to master the balance between motherhood and her insatiable appetite for adventure.