Matcha green tea is an excellent ingredient for the skin. Matcha is anti bacterial and contains incredibly high levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is helpful in reducing inflammation and to even skin tone. The antioxidants are also known for treating acne and increasing skin elasticity.
Either way, this mask is so simple to make and leaves skin feeling like silk. I use several face masks regularly and this is one of them. This two-ingredient matcha face mask is very simple to make.
- 1 Teaspoon matcha Zen Green Tea
- 1 Tablespoon Greek Yogurt (or alternatively a plain face moisturiser)
1. Mix together thoroughly to form a bright green paste
2. Apply to face and neck and leave for 10 minutes
3. Wash off to reveal brighter, tighter and glowing skin!
There are so many different types of matcha face masks you can make. We also love just honey and matcha or matcha mixed with coconut or Argan oil.
If your skin is dry use more of an oil based mask, if it’s got acne use honey, or if you have oily and dry skin a greek yogurt mask would work best.